Monday, November 29, 2010

Cape Town Beer Festival

Saturday morning we felt a little fragile after Friday night's Sailor party, but we had to take our two winners of our Beer Fest competition to the festival. We started off with a decent, oily, made-for-hangovers breakfast, then we hit the road to the Hamilton's Rugby Stadium in Green Point. It was a bit windy, but we didn't let that stand in our way of a good party. We got there, tasted some foreign beers, stuffed our faces with pretzels and fries from Hudson's Burger (yes, a 'mobile' version of the one in Kloof Street) and even drank huge Black Label beers. I don't even drink beer, but it was actually not that bad. In fact, I might just drink it more often. There were other drinks to choose from, but I always say, 'when in Rome, do as the Romans'. We walked around at the festival and soaked up as much of it as we could, because we couldn't stay too long. Places to be, you know.


Overall the festival was fun. There were a lot of people! We missed out on the live bands, but we were in time for the rugby. We discovered this little smoking section with couches and a Foosball table, so we decided to make that our spot for the day.

Later that evening we decided that we were going to skip the Sasha Martinengo gig at China White, because we were somehow convinced to go to Wellington instead for a foam party. I just felt like doing something else for a change and a foam party was something I last did as a teen. I've never experienced a foam party quite like the one in Watergat. The foam was pouring from two machines, which were mounted to the roof, and the whole place was covered in foam. I was completely drenched! The whole place looked like one big swimming pool. I definitely want to do it again, but next time, I'll be beter prepared. I wish I had photos of this party, but we couldn't risk taking a camera in there. Or anything valuable for that matter. Oh, next time, I'm going in a bikini. Who wouldn't thought that foam can ruin your clothes the way mine was ruined! But what the heck, it was totally worth all the fun and laughter we got in return.

So glad the hectic weekend is over. Now to prep for the next weekend. The madness just never stops.

Jemma
(Images: Writer's own. Please do not copy/ use without permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment