Friday, June 4, 2010

Bad Parenting


Even though I've studied Journalism, I'm no news reporter. Yet, I feel obliged to blog about this shocking story. What I'm about to say isn't based on personal experience, but people love to spoil their kids, right? Right. But where does one draw the line? I've read about kids, especially celebutots, and how they get spoilt - mini lambos, designer shoes and bags (ala Suri Cruise), diamonds (yes, really) or just giving them their way everytime - but allowing your child to smoke 40 cigarettes a day? I'm sorry, shame on you you're a bad mother!

It's been all over the news lately and if you still don't know about it, you've probably been living under a rock. Ardi Rizal is a two-year-old toddler that's addicted to cigarettes and his mother can't get him to quit because 'he'll throw tantrums or bang his head against the wall'. So? He needs more than just a head-banging, that I can tell ya!

When the UK Dialy Mail reported this story, they started the article with: "Taking a deep drag on his cigarette while resting on the steering wheel of his toy truck, he looks like a parody of a middle-aged lorry driver". It sounds harsh, but this is a glimpse of this child's future - if there is one.

I've never seen anything like this and I can't even begin to think how this started. Who is to blame? Or is it purely for media attention? I think the parents should be thrown in jail for child-abuse. Unbelievable.

Jemma
*angry face*

No comments:

Post a Comment