Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Winter is officially in Cape Town. Ok, it has been winter for the past month or so, but I say 'officially' because I don't remember the last time I wanted to be outside or even near a window for that matter. Nor do I remember the last time I saw the sun, had a dry nose, wore just one layer of clothing, walked around bare feet, had frizzy-free hair or when sleep wasn't the most important thing. I must admit, winter is great for movie-marathons, taking long baths, lots of eating and even a good excuse to skip gym. Oh and of course, winter is when I get to celebrate my birthday!

Even though summer reminds me of a December holiday at the beach, nothing gives you a natural high like sitting by a fireplace, wrapped in a blanket, and watching the rain pour down outside. And there's nothing like visiting my grandma in Ceres and seeing the white mountain tops from up close. To me, winter represents peace and beauty, nature at its best.

Which is your favourite season?


J

No comments:

Post a Comment