Thursday, July 22, 2010

Birthday Celebration - here's what I did!

Turning 24 was not something I looked forward to, because it just sounded so 'old'. But now that I'm here, it's actually not so bad, in fact, it's pretty much the same as last week!

When I received gifts at 06h00 on Friday morning, I knew it was going to be a great day. The boyfriend spoilt me with gladiator shoes and a huge black handbag, both from Aldo. I also got a bottle of D&G The One fragrance - my absolute favourite! I still had to go work, but luckily only half day, then it was off to the Maze Restaurant at The One & Only. What an experience that was! I thought it was going to be just another fancy and overpriced place, but they totally lived up to the hype and all my expectations! I had the best 3-course meal I've ever had and, coming from me, that means a lot! I was more than impressed, so they can expect another visit from me real soon. Look at the pretty cupcakes they sent me; how did they know about my 'little' guilty-pleasure?


Afterwards I met up with friends for cocktails which turned into an unplanned party! You only get to celebrate a birthday once a year, so I had to make it count - that was my excuse for not going home when I knew my Saturday was going to be busy and long. Saturday the celebration continued with friends and family, and again, we went out partying afterwards. And there I was thinking I'm getting too old to party two nights in a row! Though, Sunday I paid the consequences, but it was totally worth it. I finished the birthday weekend off with a huge Sunday lunch at Cattle Baron and a big dessert!


Thanks to everyone who made my birthday weekend so much fun and special. I absolutely loved every single gift I got!

Jemma
(Images: Writer's own)

6 comments:

  1. so glad to hear you had a great time! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I did, thank you! So much so, that I never did my 'Monday's Motivation' blog post. Whoops!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you had such a rocking birthday weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely a faboosh way to celebrate your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an awesome birthday! Fabulous cupcakes!

    Dig your blog! I'm becoming a follower :) yay xxxx

    P.S. Hello Kitty ftw

    ReplyDelete